Step 1: Go to Microsoft’s Windows 10 download page and click on Download tool now to get the latest media creation tool.
Step 2: Run the downloaded tool, choose Create installation media for another PC then click Next.
. If you intend to install Windows 10 on the current computer, you can check the Use the recommended options for this computer box.
- Accept or change the installation options and click Next.
- Choose USB flash drive or ISO file (for burning to a DVD later) and click Next.
- Select the drive and click Next.
- Click Finish after the media creation tool creates the media for you.
- Restart your PC with the USB drive or DVD inserted.
- Press any key to boot from the USB drive or DVD.
- Follow the prompts to set up Windows. This will include entering your Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 license key and agreeing to the Windows 10 license terms.
- If your current version of Windows starts up instead of getting the prompt to boot from the bootable USB drive or DVD you created, you might need to go into the computer's boot menu to let it boot from the media. To do this, you'll have to press a key, such as F2 or F12, when the PC starts up. Check with your computer's manufacturer for the key or combination of keys you'll need to use.
- Important: If you're installing Windows 10 over another version of Windows, rather than installing it on an empty partition or clean hard drive, be sure to choose "Change what to keep" in the installation wizard.
- Select "Nothing" in the Choose what to keep window. This will delete everything in the partition or drive and install Windows 10 from scratch.